P.A.C.E K–2 Co-Op
First and Second grade students meet Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Kindergarten students meet Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- A unique, personalized learning cooperative blending classroom and non-classroom learning
- Inventive and challenging standards-based curriculum that encourages students to investigate, problem solve, collaborate, and make thoughtful decisions
- Hands-on, thematic projects requiring creativity and ingenuity
- A safe and supportive classroom environment where each student's gifts are celebrated
Parent Volunteer Hours
- One classroom work day a month (8:45–1:00)
- Monthly meeting to sign learning records
- Each parent must sign up for a committee
- Facilitating the math curriculum determined by both the Supervising Teacher and the family to best serve the specific student.
- Monitoring independent reading and journaling.
- Facilitating writing assignments or class projects that are due for PACE, as well as using PACE themes as jumping points for further home study.
- The sky is the limit! At PACE, we encourage you to blur the line between home and the PACE classroom and harness the many learning opportunities in the world around you and your student. Journal, observe, write, hypothesize, and then share these adventures with PACE. We encourage students to share their passions and discoveries with their classmates.