Tree Top CooperativeThe Truckee Learning Center hosts a Cooperative site-based program for KN–8th grades.The Tree Top Co-op program is categorized through the following structure:TK–2nd Grade Tree Top Co-op Owls3rd and 4th Grade Tree Top Co-op Ravens5th and 6th Grade Tree Top Co-op Eagles7th and 8th Grade Tree Top Co-op FalconsPhilosophyTree-Top Co-Op supports individualized learning styles through community engagement, a safe and positive school environment, interactive approaches to standards-based education, and nurturing instruction to increase the students' love of learning.
"I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand."~ Chinese ProverbCooperative Components
Small, site-based core content classes support students within Forest Charter School's Independent Study School.
- Personalized Learning program
- Highly qualified California-credentialed Supervising Teachers work with families to support learning and evaluation
- Community engagement within the classroom and the greater area through field trips, guest speakers, and service learning
- Development of lifelong learning and social skills, self-confidence, responsibility, independence, and creative expression
- Positive support and communication among administration, teachers, parents, and students
- Creative instruction through thematic units, outdoor, and experiential education
2018–2019 Tree Top Class Schedules