“We need to be able to create the world for our students in a classroom that matches their real world, that’s online, that’s instantaneous, that’s tailored to their needs, that’s flexible and that’s relevant.”
Dr. Scott Hildreth, Professor, Cabot College
The Forest Charter Technology Academy is for students who want an emphasis placed on digital arts and sciences in their high school education. Students will combine online and in-person learning to create a highly personalized and customizable learning experience. Students will be able to choose a wide variety of electives including animation, computer programming, game design, multi-media studies and web design. In addition to their core and elective classes students will work in teams to explore how technology plays an important role in a diverse array of 21st century issues from human rights to bio ethics. Call the Forest Charter School office (265-4823) to schedule an interview and learn more.
Academy Classes and Features
· Students will be able to choose from over a hundred core and elective online courses.
· All the standard high school courses are offered in Math (Algebra 1 to Calculus), Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Language Arts (English, Creative Writing and the study of film as literature), World Languages (French, Spanish, German and Mandarin)
· Wide variety of Technology classes offered (Computer Graphics, Animation, Computer Game Design, Programming and Web Design)
· College prep, AP and honors classes are offered
· College and career advising classes tailored for students with an interest in technology
· Students will also have access to both group and one-on-one tutoring opportunities
· Seminar classes that feature real world team projects and explorations in animation, multi-media production, web design and digital entertainment.